Saturday, April 15, 2017

OVERDRIVE- SVI SOUND TECHNO OV ....soulful and elegant yet masterful and self assured..


SVI SOUND TECHNO OV 

GERMANIUM OVERDRIVE



With 6 great OD's in a row that I found by just throwing my net in foreign waters. I thought I would try again. Oh my god...minutes later and another big fish. LOL

This time it is from Varna Bulgaria. How obvious why didn't I think of that? LOL

OD's primarily use FET's for the sound. The only thing one sees with germanium transistors in is a vintage Fuzz. So soon as I read thisI was curious.
I figured something bizarre but clever might be going on.
Or maybe it would just be ...stupid. LOL

Instead I got to hear one the best but most unique medium gain OD's I have ever heard.



$169.00 USD

There is not a trace of fuzz or fizzy like tones The sounds cut like a knife and are as smooth as the side of one.

It's two gain stages allow you to go from light to medium gain.

It is made from new old USSR stock of  vintage
transistors and diodes.



Definitely one of the very best light gain pedals. There is nothing artificial nor harsh about it. With just the first gain on ...it is the smoothest and yet crisp and clean dirt boxes I ever heard. 

The second stage adds a bit of aggression and bite and does not disappoint.

BUT IT IS THAT FIRST STAGE ....
It makes a TUBE SCREAMER SOUND LIKE CLANGING RUSTY CHAINS
.
I have heard some good DUMBLE pedals that got the tone close..to the Dumble amp ...but not the spirit of what tone was supposed to be all about.
This has a  feeling of floating gracefully though space.The guy has done this with a voicing that is all his own. 
And what a spell binding tone he has created.

If Blues or Fusion ...is your thing. Nothing sounds as soulful yet as elegant as this.

Or maybe you love the spacey playing of Dave Gilmour ...this pedal could send you in that direction with a unique tone of your own.

 THE PRICE IS FAIR FOR A 2 GAIN STAGE PEDAL

No comments:

Post a Comment